18 Nov How to apply to a German University?
Having to pursue higher education from the best university in every aspirant’s dream. If you are one of them, you must relate to the fact that t is difficult to apply to universities especially in foreign countries, as their application procedures are not in accordance with those in India, and hence you must be very careful while applying for a university abroad.
Germany being one of the most famous education hubs in all of EU attracts hundreds of students every year to pursue bachelors, masters and Ph.D. courses in their chosen field. The students are granted admission considering the fact that they are proficient in German. By taking up a German language course in cp, you can easily remove the language barrier to pursue your dream.
In order to apply to a German university, you must know about the German university system. Here are some steps that you must follow:
STEP-1: Identify the subject category
When you apply to a German University, the first thing you need to do is to identify as to which category your chosen subject falls in. Universities in Germany divide subjects into two broad categories:
- Subjects with a central Numerous Clausus: This category includes subjects like medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine, for which admission is restricted centrally. This happens when there are more applicants than the spaces available.
- Subjects with a local Numerous Clausus: This category includes subjects that are locally restricted.
Note: As per the Germany university admission requirements for international students, you need to appear for a test of foreign students, also known as TestAS if you wish to pursue a bachelors program at a German university.
The next step is to look for the universities offering your course and contacting them directly for admission. When you apply to the German university online, you must adhere to its application procedure. Fill out the German university application form depending upon the course category, whether it is a central NC or a local NC.
STEP-3: Find out the admission requirements
There are some Germany university admission requirements for international students that you need to pay attention to.
- You must present the school leaving certificate, which is also called “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung”.
- Secondly, you must appear for a test to prove your German language skills. The following documents are proof of your proficiency in German that universities may ask for:
- Goethe certificate for the C2 level of German
- DSH- this can be given by the German university at the time of arrival.
You are required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your class XII certificate and other degrees if any
- An overview of your subjects and grades (translated version)
- A copy of your passport
- A passport sized photo
- Proof of language proficiency
- A proof of finances to stay in Germany
- Your VISA to enter Germany.
Now that you have successfully applied, you need to find accommodation to stay in Germany for the duration of your program. When you have your finances arranged, you must look for an apartment that is near your college and is comfortable enough.
While submitting the documents to the concerned German university, you must note that you cannot get admission without a proficiency in the German language, as it is a German university. So don’t take the German language for granted. Learn German from the Best German Language Institute in Delhi, and be confident to pursue your dream course in one of the world’s best universities.