Being able to pursue higher studies abroad is like a dream come true. If you are planning to go to Germany for higher studies, and you know nothing about Studienkolleg, you’ve tapped the right window. Here’s all you need to know to be able to go without any remaining dilemma in mind.
A studienkolleg is a bridge between the academic culture in your home country and that in Germany that qualifies you to study in a German college or university in the country. The course is a necessity when your school leaving certificate at home is not recognized by Colleges in Germany. To be able to attend college in Germany, you need to do a Studienkolleg.
Types of studienkolleg
The studienkolleg can be categorized as:
- Affiliated with the university
- Affiliated with a university of applied sciences
If the studienkolleg is affiliated with the university, you will be eligible to apply in universities all over Germany. However, if the course is vocational, then you will be eligible to apply in universities of applied sciences. Before applying, you should have fluency in German language.
Eligibility criteria for Studienkolleg
There are certain studienkolleg requirements that you need to adhere to while applying for the same:
- You need to have a B1 certificate in German language to apply for an entrance test. For that, visit the best German language institute in Delhi.
- You must have obtained an HZB certificate, which is a certificate of higher education in your home country.
The universities that have studienkolleg as their core element offer the following specialized courses:
- M- course: for medical, pharmaceutical and biological degrees
- S- course: for degree in languages
- T- course: for technical and mathematical degrees
- W- course: for social science, business and economics degrees
- G-course: for German studies or a degree in humanities
- WW- course: for business and economics degrees
- SW-course: for a degree in social science
- GD-course: for art and design degrees
- TI-course: for an engineering degree
- First check whether you can apply directly to the university or you need to pursue a Studienkolleg.
- All colleges have different procedures and deadlines, so check for the documents that the colleges require and apply for them in time.
- You need to apply for a student visa at a German embassy in your home country before the entrance test.
- Universities in Germany have different structures relating to the entrance exam. While some conduct a German test, others conduct a combined test for German and Mathematics.
- You need to gear up for the studienkolleg entrance exam preparation in order to pursue the specialization course.
- After getting through the entrance test, you will be eligible for a one-year studienkolleg course.
- The course ends up with a final test, called FESTSTELLUNGSPRUFUNG, which is a final assessment that hands you the degree, a ticket for you to study in Germany!
After you clear the annual exam of the Studienkolleg, you are eligible to do a bachelors course in the university in Germany or a vocational course, in selected universities in Germany. There are a lot of institutes that offer the best German language course in cp so that you are a step closer to pursue your dream of studying in your dream University in Germany.